Before joining a Virtual Chair conference session please take note of these recommendations:
- Use a desktop or laptop computer, not a mobile device such as a phone or tablet
- Use either Chrome or Firefox browsers to connect to a session
- Disconnect from VPN before joining a session
- Download and install Zoom video conference software to view speaker sessions
Joining a Virtual Chair conference session:
- An email will be sent to you containing information on how to access the conference session(s) you registered for. Follow the link in the email to access the Virtual Chair session webpage. Click the Join button on the Virtual Chair session webpage. Enter the provided password when prompted.
- When prompted, enter the password provided in the email.
- You will then be prompted to enter your name and conﬁgure your Virtual Chair avatar. It is here that you can also verify that your computer camera and microphone are working. Click the Join the Gathering button to enter the Virtual Chair venue space.
- You will enter the venue where you can use your keyboard arrow keys to navigate the space to converse with your colleagues.