Before joining a Virtual Chair conference session please take note of these recommendations:
- Use a desktop or laptop computer, not a mobile device such as a phone or tablet
- Use either Chrome or Firefox browsers to connect to a session
- Disconnect from VPN before joining a session
- Download and install Zoom video conference software to view speaker sessions
Joining a Virtual Chair conference session is a two-step process. The ﬁrst step is to verify your credentials; the second step is to join the Virtual Chair conference venue you are participating in. Follow the steps below to join your Virtual Chair conference session.
VERIFYING YOUR CREDENTIALS:
- An email will be sent to you for the conference session(s) you registered for. Follow the link in the email to access the Virtual Chair session webpage. Click the Join button on the Virtual Chair session webpage.
- When you come to the landing page, click the Join link. You will then be prompted to enter your email address; click the Send magic link button (The magic link is a security protocol to verify participants; a new email will be sent to validate your access. Do not close the browser window.
Note: Do not click the Sign in with Google button - it will not work.
- When you receive the new email, click the Sign in to Gather link
- A new browser window will open to conﬁrm the sign-in process. Click the Browser button to ﬁnish signing in. When you have successfully signed in, close this browser window and go back to the original browser window where you clicked the Join link.
Note: You only have to use the magic link the ﬁrst day of a multiple-day conference as your credentials will be saved.
JOINING THE VIRTUAL CHAIR SESSION:
- After successfully signing in with the Magic Link, proceed back to the original browser window with the Join link. Click the green Enter Space button.
- You will now be prompted to conﬁgure your Virtual Chair avatar. It is here that you can also verify that your computer camera and microphone are working. Click the Join the Gathering button to enter the Virtual Chair venue space.
- You will then see a tutorial window on how to use Virtual Chair. The tutorial can be bypassed by clicking the Skip Tutorial link in the left-hand toolbar.