Yale has experienced a substantial increase in attempts to compromise NetIDs. The most common cause of compromise is email phishing. Scammers’ methods for gaining access to passwords have outpaced security measures, which potentially allow them to access our systems and data. This puts our intellectual property, faculty research data, and personal information at heightened risk. DUO Everywhere signiﬁcantly reduces Yale’s security vulnerability and helps us to create a more secure Yale.
What is DUO Everywhere?
DUO Everywhere: Multifactor authentication (MFA) adds a second layer of security to cover both on- and oﬀ- campus for VPN connections, Microsoft Oﬀice 365 and CAS logins.
- Upon activating your NetID at yale.edu/netid you will be prompted to set up devices in DUO Everywhere.
- Once your NetID has been activated, setup your Duo device by clicking “DUO Everywhere” in the “Check Your DUO Everywhere Status” section.
- Follow the steps prompted to choose your device setup. It is recommended to set up a minimum of two devices.
- You can manage devices at any time by going to mfa.its.yale.edu
What to Expect:
What should I expect once I enroll in DUO Everywhere?
DUO Everywhere will ask you to authenticate once per application or browser, per device.
How long does DUO authentication last?
When DUO requests authentication, there will be an option to extend the session for 90 days. Please be aware that you will need to do this for every session you authorize.
- Visit “DUO Everywhere Frequently Asked Questions” for more information.
- Use Yale’s Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Service
- DUO Everywhere: Reduce your MFA-DUO Authentications Requests
- DUO Everywhere: How to Clear your Login Keychains in Mac Outlook
- Using VPN: How to connect to VPN
For questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at helpme.yale.edu
DUO Everywhere for New Hires