Yale Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a way to securely access Yale’s restricted services and licensed e-resources (e.g. e-journals such as JAMA, or databases such as ArtSTOR) on the University network from a non-Yale internet source. VPN is also required for remote access to on-campus workstations - via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). While VPN provides excellent network security, it should only be used from an appropriately secured computing device.
To connect to VPN do the following:
- Download and install the free VPN software (Cisco AnyConnect) from the Yale Software Library
- Launch AnyConnect to access any Yale resources
- Enter the address access.yale.edu and then click Connect in the AnyConnect window.
- Enter your NetID and NetID password when prompted.
- Enter the Multifactor Authentication (MFA) code from the DUO app
For additional assistance with VPN or the Multifactor Authentication DUO app, contact the Yale ITS help desk.